"I think of any Internet project as a business"

"I think of any Internet project as a business"
Zhanna Dolbneva, a graduate of the professional retraining program "Management in the field of e-business and Internet projects" of the Higher School of Business Informatics of the Higher School of Economics tells about the opportunities for professional growth after the end of the program.
- Jeanne, how did you develop your professional path before entering the Higher School of Business Informatics (HSBI)? Why did you decide to go to the program "Management in the field of e-business and Internet projects"?
- I graduated from the Moscow State Mining University with a degree in Computer Aided Design Systems, where my career in information management began. I worked for several years as a head of the IT department of the university, managed to get a variety of experience in the field of information technologies, including the implementation and management of Internet projects. At some point, I realized that for me the most interesting and promising from the professional point of view are exactly them. But, despite some experience, and perhaps, thanks to him, I realized that I needed additional knowledge for promotion. From friends I learned about the program of the Higher School of Business Informatics "Management in the field of e-business and Internet projects." In the fall of 2010, she came to the open day at the VBSI, listened to the presentation of Fyodor Virin, and the question of admission was settled for me - few could resist his charm and professionalism.
- And How? Did your expectations for your studies justify?
- Literally before the defense of the diploma, I accidentally stumbled on a video of the same day of open doors, where Fyodor talked about the benefits of the program. After watching the movie to the end, I thought that everything promised to us back then was fulfilled. Firstly, we really received a comprehensive education in the field of management of Internet projects. And it is this, in my opinion, that allows me today to think about any Internet project as a business, to put and solve not only technical, but also managerial and business tasks. And secondly, all our teachers really turned out to be amazing people with huge practical experience, ready to share what they are professionally engaged in, and to entice others.
I conducted research, compiled a business model and ... refused the project - I just realized that I was not able to earn money on it.
"And what did you get carried away with?" What was your diploma dedicated to? Were there any "popular" topics for projects on your course?
- I was interested in different topics, but I defended myself with the project of an interactive city guide. And although the project was not implemented in practice, he allowed to understand a very important thing - after inventing the idea, it can and should be checked in many parameters and soberly evaluated whether it is worth starting. And it turned out with a diploma project. I conducted research, compiled a business model and ... refused the project - I just realized that I was not able to earn money on it. As for popular topics, on our course the guys made various projects, for example, gaming applications for social networks, online store of women's shoes of non-standard sizes, information portal on allergies and active longevity, and others.
- Which of the teachers did you particularly remember?
- I remember the lessons of Dmitry Stepanov well. He has an analytical mindset, he is able to systematize the material, allocate significant in a large number of small things and at the same time has excellent intuition. He showed us how to calculate the market. When today I analyze the Internet services market in any sphere, I clearly see where the trend is, and where there is a single surge in activity. Incredibly difficult and at the same time very useful was the course on the analysis of information resources of Boris Ovchinnikov. In his classes we received real tools that allow us to extract and process statistical information, draw conclusions about the popularity and relevance of resources. A very interesting course on business strategies led Arkady Goldberg, for me it was the first and very useful contact with this topic.

- Did you mention work, what are you doing now? Did the training affect your career plans?
When today I analyze the Internet services market in any sphere, I clearly see where the trend is, and where there is a single surge in activity.
- As well as the majority of my classmates already during study in Vyshke I have changed work - have headed the Internet direction in the company which was engaged in automation of systems in sports sphere. Our team made online ticket sales systems.
Now I am the director of products in the medical start-up "LookMedBook.ru", the essence of which is the provision of various online services. In the West, the system of recording to doctors on the Internet is very popular and well developed; in the Russian market such projects only appear. As in many other areas, the Russian mentality requires more fine work, the simple copying of European or American schemes does not work for us. For example, Americans have a problem of a dense record to the doctor - usually in clinics everything is painted for a month ahead. Something I do not recall such a problem in commercial clinics in Russia, while clinics and patients can not meet each other yet. Patients do not understand the difference between medical centers, what they can get in one, and that in another. Clinics, in turn, can not educate themselves competently.
Using the tools of design-thinking, we conducted an in-depth study of the moods, expectations and needs of users. As a result, a huge array of very specific requirements of people appeared in our database, using which we developed a product adapted to our market.
- Do you continue to communicate with colleagues in the program, with the teachers?
- We had a madly cheerful and friendly group, we spent a lot of time together. We still often meet, sometimes it turns out to help each other in business matters. In general, the tower tries to acquaint people, thanks to which I have a fantastic contact grid, and it allows solving almost any problem.
In addition, I teach a course in design thinking on our program. This is simultaneously a special worldview and a special methodology for solving non-standard problems, with the help of empathy, the ability to look at the world through the eyes of users, to understand their needs and desires, to hear and see them. The specificity of working with people's desires is that often we have to look for something that does not exist, more precisely what has not yet been realized and verbalized by the consumer. So first we need to get this implicit request to the light, and then create a product that would respond to it.
The full potential of the program can be revealed for those who already work on managerial positions in Internet companies or somehow connected with Internet projects.
Another thread that connects me tightly to the program is the opportunity to pick up potential personnel for projects. On my own example, I see how the level of knowledge and professionalism of its listeners changes after the program, and I'm happy to work with such people.
- And the last question, who would you recommend to go to the program? Is a technical education necessary to successfully study at the program?
- In my opinion, the full potential of the program can be revealed for those who already work on managerial positions in Internet companies or are somehow connected with Internet projects. As for technical education, it is not something obligatory for studying on the program. Rather, on the contrary, people with a technical background should learn a lot of new things, in any case it was in my case: ninety percent of the information for me was new. Regardless of the education of each listener, there is a chance to at least understand in which direction it is worth developing, and as a maximum - to get at your disposal tools that will allow you to move on.
Lyudmila Mezentseva, HSE portal news service


Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

THE USSR. Life under Stalin

RUSSIAN BATH AND HISTORY OF ITS ORIGIN